Every moment is vital. Every day is an education. It may change the way you think.
Many years ago, sitting in a busy dermatology outpatient clinic, we came upon a difficult situation. Our patient, a distressed and very tired young man was suffering from a specific form of Psoriasis. His life was put on hold, dealing with constant pain and after years of receiving oral and systemic treatment by various physicians without any success, he was now clinically depressed and toxic.
My professor of dermatology at the time, a visionary, philosopher and new age thinker, was one of the humblest and wisest souls I have ever met. He examined the young man, made his diagnosis, gave him a warm compassionate smile (which can do miracles for a weary soul) and handed the distressed man a prescription.
It read ‘ Dead Sea’.
After a few weeks the same young man came to our clinic for a follow up appointment. After re-examining him we noticed that more than 90% of his lesions had vanished and he was in remission, smiling and robust.
It was a moment I will never forget because it changed my way of thinking. I become a strong believer in Mother Nature.
Dead Sea Facts:
- The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth in any land mass.
- The Dead Sea is one of the saltiest body of water on the planet, precisely 33.7% salt content.
- The Dead Sea is located at the deepest point in the Great Rift Valley, which extends from Syria to Mozambique.
- The Dead Sea forms a kind of therapy known as Climatotherapy, combining all four elements (Water, Earth, Air, Fire) of Nature to promote healing.
- The Dead Sea water itself and the Dead Sea Mud have immense rejuvenating and healing properties.
- A unique combination of this mineral rich body of water and natural sunlight are capable of healing diseased skin and detoxifying your body.
- Various studies have been conducted that support this natural healing phenomenon.
- The mud of the Dead Sea also has anti-aging and potent detoxifying effects on the body.
- The air around the Dead Sea is dry and oxygen rich, hence adding to the healing environment surrounding the Dead Sea.
The Dead Sea and Psoriasis:
- Only certain types of Psoriasis will respond to Climatotherapy. It cannot treat all forms of Psoriasis.
- The people who respond to natural solar light, have greater chances of remission using this modality of therapy.
- A retrospective 4 week study of 1488 patients with UVB responsive Psoriasis was conducted at the Dead Sea clinic from 1983-1986. Bathing in mineral rich water and natural solar radiation was carried out. Nearly three quarters improved by 90% or more.
- This form of treatment was considered by experts to be pleasant, cost-effective and resulted in hardly any adverse events. It also provided much needed system detoxification, relaxation and meditation, after years of conventional allopathic treatment had taken its toll.
- Studies are being continuously conducted and a team of onsite dermatologists and skin specialists at the Dead Sea Clinic are striving to give people a natural option in managing this chronic and debilitating disease.
- A recent study indicated that patients with Psoriatic Arthritis had great benefit after Climatotherapy.
My personal experience with our patients made me a believer, hence every day is an education, it can change the way you think.
If you want to know more about the Dead Sea Clinic & Climatotherapy, please visit their website.
Peace & Health
- Rook and Ebling, 3rd Edition
- Photograph, article concepts, and research, Copyrights CutiConscious™.