Hands are prone to soap and sanitizer induced damage. In case of skin disease affecting the hands like eczema, dermatitis or dry skin, the hand barrier is extremely compromised, and the skin becomes itchy, red, painful, dry and prone to infection
To maintain pain-free, healthy, clean and hydrated hands especially when hands are constantly exposed to continuous hand washing and sanitizing as in the case of the COVID-19 Pandemic. This table will highlight care for sensitive hands, but it can be applied to normal skin as well.
What can be done?
- Wash hands with creamy emollient soap substitute, remember lathering does not indicate soap effectiveness, so you do not need lather to clean your hands. Use soaps especially formulated for sensitive skin, regular soap will cause further damage to the skin.
- Do not wash hands with extreme hot or extreme cold water, tepid water is best.
- Stay away from harsh exfoliating hand soaps or scrubs and do not use AHA/BHA or essential oil containing soaps. They will irritate the skin.
- Do not use soaps that contain parfum or that are heavily scented.
- Avoid chemical exposure to hands and wear latex-free gloves when hands are exposed for long periods to harsh chemicals or extreme environments.
- Right after washing your hands, gently pat them dry and apply Hemp Seed Oil (HSO) and a bland emollient with high occlusive properties that will seal in the moisture, protect the skin, and provide topical and instant relief.
- Make sure you do not expose your hands to extreme conditions or chemicals.
- Avoid immersing hands in detergents and bleach at all times, wear gloves whenever possible.
Dr.Ansul’s Ultimate Dry Skin Relief Cream 50 ml
Dr.Ansul’s Ultimate Dry Skin Relief
- Eucerin Hand Cream
CutiConscious™© Copyrights reserved.